American Wool Series

Monday, November 3, 2008

Fulfillment!

First off, these really aren't the crazy purplish color in the picture. More of a hot pink/coral kind of color. My camera just freaked when presented with this specific shade of pink. This is the first mitten of my Selbuvotter craze. I love it. I want to knit more of them. Good thing I've got lots of stash to knit from in this particular yarn. I'll be swimming in mittens by this time next year. The second one is going pretty quickly (the first took three days) and I can envision a finished pair by the end of this week unless the election results drive me into bed to cry myself to sleep. I highly recommend the book - Selbuvotter by Terri Shea. Directions are straight forward and full of charts and patterns don't have funky names just things like Annemor #13 (which these are). There are also a lot of glove patterns but I'm not so happy about knitting separate fingers - I'd like to morph the ones in the book into mittens somehow. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, plus I kind of like the purplish color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say first in Show! Brav0!

    ReplyDelete