American Wool Series

Monday, October 20, 2008

Mitten-minded

I don't know if the weather taking a freakish turn towards freezing has anything to do with it but I'm having a sudden urge to knit some mittens. After looking through Ravelry patterns I'm thinking that I need the Selbuvotter book to guide me through some awesome traditional color knitting. I also don't know why mittens are calling my name - is it all the sock yarn in my stash calling to me for fulfillment? Maybe. I could very well knit socks, and I have pulled out my hibernating pair of socks from my cedar chest, but the mittens must have their way. We'll see if this sudden infatuation with hand covering continues into tomorrow- I may have to make a quick run to the shop for some inspiration. Does this happen to you?

2 comments:

  1. "the mittens must have their way"

    hahah, the perfect beginning to some awesome web animation ;)

    ReplyDelete