American Wool Series

Friday, October 24, 2008

Dear Blog,

This morning, if you can call it that, I woke up at 4am from dreaming of Selbuvotter. My hands were ready at their knitting stations. This is going a little too far. Yes, I did spend yesterday at the shop reading through my Selbuvotter book and perusing the patterns and I did pick up a couple skeins of Jamieson for my background color. The baby was kicking like crazy (apparently also in love with the idea of knitting mittens right now) so I got up and made some tea. I knit a couple of inches of boring lace stole and about and hour or so later finally passed out on the sofa. Come 630 the Man woke me up to get back in bed and now, here I am freshly awake from dreaming about...yes...mittens. Maybe this is some strange Campbellian way my life is speaking to me - instead of a hero starting his journey I'm in need of starting a new project. Mittens. I thought starting a colorwork project (a stocking for the baby) would quash this urge to start something new but apparently it must be mittens. MUST. BE. MITTENS. Therefore, blog, I am digging through my stash this morning for the yarn I had in mind and casting on. Dreaming fulfilled. The hero's quest complete, er, just about. Can I please get a full night of rest now?

No comments:

Post a Comment