American Wool Series

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Flying through the FOs

I've been pretty lackadaisical about posting lately but I HAVE been knitting like crazy. I finished my first pair of felted clogs for my FIL for Christmas and I have to say they're pretty rad. It's always exciting to see something huge and floppy come out structured and three-dimensional. They are "neat" as the Man says. I also completed the Backyard leaves scarf from Scarf Style but have yet to block it. I'm also working on the Weekender Lace Wrap as one of my final Christmas knits, I have one more queued and then I'm done! Time is flying by and October is especially busy for us - it's hard to believe that in just a couple of months our little sea monkey will be making her debut. I'm already thinking about Halloween costumes to sew up for her and I'm thinking that next year she may be a flying monkey a la the Wizard of Oz. Hee. Isn't one of the upsides of being a parent to humiliate your child when they're incredibly small? Oh, and did I mention how much I loooove Fall weather - how crisp and cool and sunny it can be all at the same time? My energy is on an upswing and all I want to do is eat pumpkin flavored food and drinks and watch the leaves turn.

3 comments:

  1. All the third trimester energy and good feeling has definitely kicked in for you.
    Clogs looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas pro-activism has me so inspired...for next year. I've already sat down and brainstormed list of gifts to start on in the new year.

    ReplyDelete