American Wool Series

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I want a June...


I want a June that feels like summer and I want it now. It's gray and drippy today versus the gray and pouring rain of yesterday. It just isn't right, not for me. I'm pretty sure my first couple of summers in Seattle were gorgeous and appropriately summer-like in length and weather. I told the Man that we need to move south. Mmmm...heat. The appropriate weather for the appropriate season from now on, thanks.
I finished this baby sweater a week or two ago and it's my first foray into preparing for the baby. Nothing else has been accomplished in that vein but at least it'll look cute. It's the JoJo Crew Sweater from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms in Cashsoft DK. I believe the colors are Glacier Blue and Cream and those are vintage glass buttons with little red dots at the shoulder. Too cute. I realized while knitting it that I had never done stripes before and that babies are really fricking small. Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. too cute,very sweet.Didnt anyone warn you about rain when you moved to Seattle? I'll fill you in. It rains in Seattle, it's on the coast.I hope you are feeling swell and I will hope for sun to sit and knit in for you. You may need twins to handle all of the sweaters and knitties you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, WHAT???????????????

    are you preparing for YOUR child?

    dear god i miss so much when i don't show up for knitting.

    ReplyDelete