American Wool Series

Saturday, December 13, 2014

FO: Tolt Hat

 I'm finally feeling the pressure of Christmas knitting. I thought I was doing alright on my knitting and then I actually looked at the calendar - not as much time left as I thought! I needed a quick pick me up gift so I went to my pattern library.
 I found the perfect pattern in my library and even had the right yarn for it in my stash.
Pattern: Tolt Hat by Andrea Rangel
Yarn: Imperial Stock Ranch Columbia in Quail and Cactus Blossom
Needles: US #8 Addi Turbo
Mods: None. I knit the size medium and it's a tad loose on me so I think it will fit the gift recipient perfectly. The pattern also includes instructions for  a pair of mitts but I don't have enough of the magenta yarn to knit them and I don't want to run out and get another skein. This hat took about one long even to complete and it would work handsomely for men in a different color combination. This would also be an excellent project for trying out colorwork.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colourwork on this hat, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute hat. I have been looking for something with a bit of colorwork in in the pattern. Adore the color combination!

    ReplyDelete