American Wool Series

Thursday, July 31, 2014

OAL Finishline!

What do you know? I have two, TWO, finished outfits for the Outfit-along hosted by Andi Satterlund of Untangling Knots and Lauren of Lladybird. I finished both outfits in plenty of time but had a hard time getting pictures. My bestie is visiting from Indiana so I drafted her for an impromptu photo shoot and what do you know? it's way easier to have someone else take pictures!

 The cardigan is Myrna by Andi Satterlund and I knit it in Cascade 220 in color #2409. I lengthened the body and mirrored the decreases to make the cardigan more wearable with the rest of my wardrobe.

The dress is Simplicity 1803 with the notched neckline option and soft pleats instead of a gathered waist. I love a dress with pockets and I decided to move them to the side seams a la Ladybird's suggestion. The fabric is a rayon/linen blend from the folks at JoAnn's.

 My second cardigan is Sylph by Louisa Harding from her book, Cardigans. The cardigan is knit in pieces and seamed and the only modification I made was to lengthen the body by about an inch. Since my fabric was a little crazy I wanted a simple, classic shape in a solid color. I used Miss Babs Yowza! Whatta Skein in the Ironweed color. The yarn was kicking around in my stash since the first Sock Summit and I was super happy to have the perfect use for it.
 I used Simplicity 1803 (again) with the plain vee neckline for my second dress which I'm calling my Zebra Fruit Stripes dress. The fabric is the same rayon/linen blend from JoAnn's since I like working with it so much. Really. It has excellent drape, is easy to sew, and is easy to launder.

This challenge really lit a fire under me to do more sewing and to think about my existing wardrobe and how to make new things that work with it. Both of my dresses work with store-bought cardigans I already own and both cardigans look cute paired with jeans, pants, and skirts that I already own. 

Did you participate in the OAL? How did your outfit turn out? Did you finish in time?

2 comments:

  1. I have two words for how fantastic your FO's are...Hello Nurse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great job, Erin. You look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete