American Wool Series

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

FO: Happy Street

 I finally blocked my Happy Street Shawl.
 The garter stitch is squishy and lovely.
 I love the short rows and they're easy peasy to do since you don't have to pick up the wraps.
 

Pattern: Happy Street by Veera Valimaki
Yarn: Hazel Knits Entice in Queen of the Night (purple), Hazel Knits Piquant Lite in Lichen (yellow) and Colorful Yarn Merino Sock Yarn in Steel (gray)
Needles: US #6 (4.0 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharp Interchangeables (42" cable)
Mods: None! I knit this exactly as the pattern specifies and couldn't be happier with the result. All of the yarns came from my stash and I have very little yarn left over - probably enough to make a stripey hat of some sort but not enough to knit extra stripes. I won't lie, the 500+ stitches at the end take quite a while to get through but if you have enough bus commute time (I do) and enough social knitting time (check, check) the garter stitch practically flies off the needles. This thing turned out to be over 6 feet long!

I like big shawls and I cannot lie. 
You other knitters can't deny
That when a girl walks in with a smile on her face
And a big blocked thang (not only in lace)
You get sprung...

I leave it to you to puzzle out the rest of those lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment