American Wool Series

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

FO: Vanilla Socks


Pattern: 64 stitch plain vanilla sock from my noggin
Yarn: Regia Hand-dye Effect in Fog
Needles: US #1 (2.25 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharps
Mods: This is my own standard sock pattern using a 64 stitch cast on. Nothin' fancy. I have to say, though, that I really dislike knitting with this yarn. It's basically a wool single plied with a nylon thread. And that wool single? Hairy and splitty and not pleasant at all to the hands. I was mostly annoyed with this yarn's tendency to split since I cast these on to knit while I watched the Lego movie and I have some not very pretty stitches toward the top of the first sock and intermittently throughout the pair of socks (bus knitting is bumpy!). The finished socks are rather pretty and if the yarn weren't such a pain to knit with I'd happily buy more since I like the "hand-dye effect".

1 comment:

  1. I had the exact same experience with that yarn -- what a pain! I powered through, though, because it was a gift from a friend.

    ReplyDelete