American Wool Series

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

FO: Rockefeller

 Remember this? It was a Mystery Shawl KAL back in July. Mine has been finished for about a month but I was finally able to grab a daylight picture. I've already worn this shawl several times and I think it's going to be a favorite this Fall and Winter.
Pattern: Rockefeller by Stephen West
Yarn: MC - Black Trillium Fibre Studio Lilt Sock in Hedwig (cream color)
CC 1 - Sincere Sheep Agleam in Neblina (gray)
CC2 - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Chocolate
Needle: US #4 Hiya Hiya Sharp Interchangeable
Mods/Notes: It's pretty obvious that I ran out of yarn knitting the second wing of the shawl. I grabbed the brown out of my stash and continued to knit the stripes. I ran out of the gray and put this shawl aside for a time and then emailed the wonderful Brooke at Sincere Sheep and she dug some gray out of her stock and sent it up my way. At first I was unsure of the stark contrast between the brown and cream but it's totally grown on me along with the two shades of gray. It looks more like a design choice than an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment