American Wool Series

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Aimee

Did I ever tell you about my recurring cape-knitting dream? Yes, recurring. The most I can ever remember is that I'm knitting a capelet out of one of my Japanese knitting books in blue worsted weight yarn. This dream sparked a conversation at my knitting group about all of the other capelets that people want to knit and that we should do an informal KAL. Before embarking on the capelet of my dreams I decided to knit a simpler pattern to see how I felt about sporting a capelet/ponchette thingy-ma-bob. The outcome is Aimee by Kim Hargreaves - one of my all time favorite designers.

Pattern: Aimee by Kim Hargreaves from Thrown Together
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers color #9489 & GGH Kid Melange #012 held together
Needles: US #9 Addi Turbo
Mods: Converted to work in the round and knit to 55 cm tall rather than 59 cm tall. Yarn is held together for super fluffiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment