American Wool Series

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Single Skeins and Stuff

Before I went on vacation I knit a handful of single skein projects for Stash & Burn's annual Single Skein September. It's kind of a KAL but mostly just a chance to look at all the single skeins in stash and use them up in some type of manner. I like quick and easy projects so I dug out a single skein of Manos del Uruguay Clasica in color X, also known as topaz. This is Elizabethtown from the MdU booklet Adirondack Accessories. I knit mine up in a little over an evening on size 10 needles. It's knit from the bottom up with cable decreases and then a ribbed split neck to fold over a jacket collar. There's also a buttonhole to fasten the split neck securely but I don't use mine.

As for the other stuff, last week was my four year wedding anniversary and we had a tasty tasty dinner at ToulousePetit in Lower Queen Anne.

We also took the Little One to her first fair where she enjoyed her first corn dog with lots and lots of yellow mustard, giggled at the baby chicks, and cried when a rooster crowed right in front of her.

My best friend is now in the Ukraine starting her stint in the PeaceCorps. Check out her blog and make a donation to help finance her Eastern European experience. Really, she doesn't even know if she'll have hot running water in her abode and the PeaceCorps living stipend is, shall we say, frugal.

1 comment: