American Wool Series

Friday, August 29, 2008

Free time?

Yet another FO that has been languishing - Montego Bay in HandMaiden SeaSilk. Gorgeous stuff and lots of mindless knitting for your buck. This is another Christmas knit that is currently being perfumed with cedar and lavender in my cedar chest. Yum. I'm pretty much done with the designed-by-me baby sweater and just have to pick out the buttons, sew down the steeks, and block. If you've never used the Elizabeth Zimmerman Percentage System (EPS) you should really give it a try on something small like a baby sweater. I felt like I had no frickin' clue what I was doing at first but I just followed the instructions and voila! Kind of like when you turn the first heel on your first sock. Magic.

Class is over and I rocked and rolled it with a fantastic grade and some praise from the instructor. Yay. So now I have this free time and baby preparations, more work at home, and knitting are filling it up quite well. Not having homework is a lovely thing.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the end of schoolio and the rad job - woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the great performance! And beautiful yarn/project...

    ReplyDelete