American Wool Series

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rainbow Goodness

This has been finished for a few weeks, the weather has been lovely so I've been trying to spend as much time as possible outside. The purchase of a backyard umbrella and a table to read at under the shade has proved to me that summer really does happen in Seattle, if belatedly. It's two skeins of Noro Sock yarn in one of the soon-to-be defunct colorways. S185, mebbe? Its the Woodland Shawl from Thrifty Knitter's website. I followed the the directions but instead of knitting one short piece I knit two pieces and grafted them together for a nice lengthy scarf. It is true that Noro is a bit rough when working with it but I threw it in the wash with some Eucalan (that's a wool wash) and it softened up considerably. I've been knitting a lot now that my first trimester is over and I actually have energy. Christmas knitting is in full swing as my due date is now December 10 and I have a feeling that there won't be much time for knitting right around Christmas. Just a guess. So hopefully more posting and more pictures and more...stuff will be happening around here and I'll actually share it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, pretty. And I've tagged you. Read my blog. And don't hate me :).

    ReplyDelete