American Wool Series

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Forbes Forest


I think I finished this last week. It's Forbes Forest from Scarf Style and I knit it up in Knitpicks Merino Style. The color is Moss. This is yet another Christmas knit that's going in the 'done' pile. It will make it's way to Kansas some time in December along with some knit toys and things for that branch of the family. My list of things to knit before THAT holiday comes along is getting shorter and the items are much smaller and less tedious (but more fiddly) than the scarves and scarves I've been doing. Add to that the use of new-to-me yarns (Smooshy & Sea Silk) and I'm a happy girl.

Seattle has finally decided to participate in this thing called Summer that I've been hearing so much about. I bought sandals. I eat popsicles and watermelon and drink lemonade. I sometimes wake to birds singing. It's rather nice and I hope it stays this way for at least a little while. A couple more months would be lovely. On the other hand, our black cat is constantly shedding and it's all I can do to keep from taking the vacuum attachment to her dandery hide to keep fur off... everything.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, and I'm sure she wants to be a lap kitty too while she's shedding right :D I'm glad you're getting the sunshine. And beautiful scarf - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two dogs and two cats and have found the answer to our shedding prayers in the Furminator. It's a little pricey (about $35), but works wonders! Also, great job on the scarf! I've very impressed by your planning ahead skills (skills that I really lack!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous, beautiful,good kitty...

    ReplyDelete