American Wool Series

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Out and About

I've been running around doing fun things the last couple of days. Yesterday was spent at Folklife Festival where I ate my way through almost every kind of African food...and then some. It was fairly hot (probably very hot for most Seattleites) and there were a lot of bad clothing choices made by people apparently suffering from heat stroke. Yikes, can I just say that short shorts and ugg boots have never and will never look good together? And it's probably a bad thing when your top is almost covering said short shorts. Food was great, music was great, and despite the slathering of spf 45 I managed to freckle a bit more and get some pink in my cheeks.
Today was spent with some fellow knitters on a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island where I ate a most delish lunch (salmon burger and strawberry lemonade) and did a bit of shopping. I picked up some super cute buttons for impending baby projects and a couple of yards of seriously cute cotton fabric for a summer skirt (elastic waistbands will be my friend this summer). Bolstered by an afternoon snack of blackberry ice cream we headed back toward the ferry terminal and I'm now feeling the urge to nap after all of the good food and exercise. Lovely, lovely days in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment