American Wool Series

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

FOs: Trullo & Quynn

In January I knit two little hats out of yarn left from other projects for Stash and Burn's 15 hats in 2015 KAL. The featured designer was Woolly Wormhead so I went to my Bambeanies ebook and sorted through the patterns to find ones that would work with the little balls of yarn in my scrap bin. 


Pattern: Trullo 
Yarn: Cashsoft DK scraps in green and purple
Needle: US #5 (3.75 mm) Hiya Hiya Interchangeables
Mods: None. I thought this little guy would use up all of my cashsoft scraps but I think I have enough for another one of these.
 
Pattern: Quynn
Yarn: HiKoo by Skacel SimpliWorsted in Pretty as a Petunia
Needle: US #8 (5.0 mm) Clover Bamboo needles
Mods: None. 

All of the hats I knit for the 15 in 2015 KAL are going to the Warm for Winter project in Seattle. I should have a nice, tidy pile of hats and other accessories for donation at the end of the year.

6 comments:

  1. I love them both! I really like the colors in the Trullo, but I love the pink and garter stitch in the Quynn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! I was pretty partial to the color combo for Trullo but the slow color change in Quynn is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  2. The perfect shade of purple for that green. They're really pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the purple really helped out the greens, they're pretty blah otherwise.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful hats for a wonderful cause. You do my heart good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, the colours of the Quynn hat are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete