American Wool Series

Sunday, November 2, 2014

FO: Witchypoo Socks

 A little over a week ago I realized that Halloween was right around the corner. I also realized that I had the perfect self-striping yarn to whip up some quick socks to wear in celebration. Helllooooo Witchypoo Socks!
Pattern: 54 stitch vanilla sock using the OMG Heel by Megan Williams
Yarn: Quaere Fibre Sport Weight Self Striping in Witches Britches
Needle: US #2 1/2 ( 3mm) Addi Turbo
Mods: I  made these up as I went but I knew I wanted to give that OMG heel a try. Since I knit these with sport weight yarn I used the directions for the smallest size sock heel and that worked out beautifully. These socks definitely fit me better than any short row heel or afterthought heel that I've tried so I'd like to give it another go with fingering weight yarn. These are nice and cozy and eye-searingly bright - perfect for Halloween!

3 comments: