American Wool Series

Saturday, August 16, 2014

FO: Bandwidth

 I continue to be obsessed with using up my partial balls of yarn. This obsession is leading to some pretty kickass finished objects.

Pattern: Bandwidth by Stephen West (from West Knits Book 2)
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios in Azul Profundo (the brim) MadTosh Vintage in Tern (the crown)
Needles: US #8 (5mm) 16" Clover Circular Needles
Mods: None. The brim is slightly tight which could be my slightly smaller gauge yarn (Rios is a dk/lt worsted) or that I should have knit a few more rows before sewing it together and picking up stitches for the brim. It's easy to use up partial balls of yarn for this project since the yardage needed for each piece of the hat - the brim and the crown - is listed in the pattern. The brim is knit as a headband piece and shaped with increases and decreases to be wide at the front and narrow in the back. After sewing the brim together you pick up stitches around one edge of the brim and knit the crown up. This is a fun knit!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun beanie and a great way of using up extra yarn. I have so many little balls of leftover yarn and I need to start incorporating them like you do! I hate wasting things.

    ReplyDelete