American Wool Series

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Big Changes Afoot

Let me tell you, the last couple of weeks have been really crazy around here. Not only are we getting Little A ready for kindergarten, but the Mr. got a job that will most likely have us moving to Austin, TX in the next six weeks or so. Flabbergasted? So am I. And freaked out. And kind of excited. And sometimes tearing up at the drop of a hat. Seattle has been my home since late 2001 and so many of my milestones have happened here: moving to a BIG city for the first time, meeting my husband, getting married, having my daughter, graduating from college, and of course, learning to knit and meeting all of my awesome knitting friends!
I'm excited to see what this big, big change brings to our family and to experience what another part of the country is like. So things might be quiet on the blog for a while, or I may write more in expectation of the Big Move, or...I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

If you have any good tips on moving cross-country I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. While I have no experience with the moving across country, I can send all the positive wishes I can muster for you and the family. I am so excited for you. Good luck on your new and what I am sure will be an amazing adventure. Of course it has to be said, " Congratulation to the Mr. on the new job!!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice on moving but congrats on the new job for your husband! At least if you have to move, Austin is a great city for music and arts. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any tips as I have never been in that situation, but I am excited for you! It sounds like an awesome adventure waiting to happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just plain teary-eyed. We're going to have to plan trips to Stitches or something. I can't go 100% cold turkey when it comes to you ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete