American Wool Series

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wedding Mania

I don't know about you, but I've hit wedding mania this month. Two important weddings in two weeks are eclipsing almost everything else on my calendar, even knitting!
 My sister in-law, Chloe, got married this weekend at Kitsap Memorial State Park. I was in charge of flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres. Didn't you know that flower arranging is my super-secret talent? Here's the proof. This was Chloe's bouquet.
 Chloe's dress belonged to her grandmother and she had it updated for the wedding. She had awesome purple shoes with pansies on the toes.
These are the flower girls - Little A on the right trying as hard as she can not to break down into fits of giggles. She and the other two girls became fast friends over the weekend and (thankfully) kept each other occupied while I labored over the flowers. These are pretty much the only pictures I took over the weekend. Once the ceremony started up I was caught up in a whirlwind of vodka lemonade, dancing, flower girl wrangling, and general good cheer. Congratulations, Nick and Chloe! 

P.S. - There will be knitting content soon. I only managed to squeeze in about 6 rows on a sock over the weekend despite my best efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment