American Wool Series

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

FO: Sproutlette Dress

Sorry the blog has been a little light on knitting content lately. I'm spending most of my time in the evenings studying for a teaching credential test, a linguistics exam, and working on homework assignments. Some of the time I can read and knit at the same time, but when it comes down to geometry or writing papers I have to set down the needles and pull out my pen or pencil.
 
Sproutlette dress
A co-worker of mine is having a little girl really soon so I wanted to give her something extra special.
 
Untitled
The keyhole neck in the back still needs a button.
 
Untitled
Pattern: Sproutlette Dress by Tanis Lavalee
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Land of Sweets (Dec. 2012 Club Color)
Needles: US #3 Addi Turbo
Mods: None. Inspiration to cast this on came directly from seeing this example. There's something about seeing somebody else knit an item from my queue that makes me want to cast on right away. I'm thinking a matching pair of Saartje booties are in order.
 

2 comments:

  1. This is amazingly beautiful! The pattern, the colour... it should be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the second person in my Rav blogs to knit this. Must get this on my needles!

    ReplyDelete