American Wool Series

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happenings

The past few weeks have been busy, busy, busy. I don't feel like I got much of a break from the holidays even with being quite ill for about a week and not having class in the evenings anymore. Life continues to happen whether I'm ready for it or no and there are groceries to be purchased and work to do and travel plans to be made (Stitches West anyone? Let's meet up.).
 
I was contacted by a certain designer to do some sample knitting under a tight deadline for a new line of yarn. The yarn is lovely and tweedy and soft and round and even after knitting with it for about a week straight I'm ready for more. The photo shoot was Sunday so as soon as the whole shebang goes live I'll share them with you!
 
My bestie came to visit and attend the ALA Midwinter Conference at the Seattle Convention Center. We've been spending as much time as possible together between her all day attendance at the conference and my having to, you know, work and spend time with the family. In fact,I worked a half day Monday in order to spend some quality time with her which may or may not have included the eating of cupcakes.
 
I'm feeling encumbered by my smallish hoarde of WIPs left over from last year. For whatever reason I'm not able to shut them out of my mind like in previous years and it's driving me a bit bonkers. I like to start off my knitting year with a clean slate and even though I'm not starting a ton of new projects I don't feel like I'm making much progress on the current projects. Everything feels a little stagnant and I'm not sure how to resolve that feeling except for casting on a new project which only exacerbates the problem. Any solutions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment