American Wool Series

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

FO: Fireweeds

 There went a couple of weeks! I had midterms and my family is suffering through several rounds of colds which I've thankfully been able to ward off through copious amounts of vitamins and as much sleep as I can get. I did manage to finish my Fireweed socks by the October 31st deadline and I think they turned out great! The socks were the September/October KAL for the Hazelknits Artisans Group on Ravelry and it just so happens that I won the prize - a $50 store credit toward Hazel Knits at the online shop. I used it toward the December yarn club shipment since I couldn't make a color decision.
Pattern: Fireweeds by RoseHiver
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Posy (pink) and Nickel (gray)
Needles: US #1 (2.25 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharps 
Mods: None. This is my first pair of colorwork socks and they're so warm and toasty that I'll have to knit myself another pair this winter. RoseHiver's patterns are free on Ravelry so I highly recommend checking those out since they range from colorwork socks like Fireweeds to nicely textured single color socks.

2 comments:

  1. They came out great! I have knit one pair of colorwork socks and agree that they are so toasty warm. And really fun to knit. I have a skein of DIC Smooshy in my stash that I refuse to knit into socks because I always wear through the bottom within weeks but I'm wondering if it would work in a stranded pair with a more robust yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sensational! I've never tried colour work because I can't get the tension right. You deserved to win!

    ReplyDelete