American Wool Series

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bit by Bit

Organizing. There, I said it. I'm kind of obsessed with it. It kind of drives me crazy. I'm anti-clutter and anti-stuff but I live with a kidlet who continually brings home seashells, flowers, sticks, art projects, library books, and any manner of little thing that has to find a home. I also happen to live with a guy who likes to have everything out where he can see it/sometimes find it and whose closet does not contain clothes but boxes and boxes of.... I dunno, your guess is as good as mine. We live in an 800 sq. foot apartment and sometimes I feel like we're hemmed in by stuff.


After my last post about those Hiya Hiya needles I got to thinking about all of my stuff. The stuff in my life. The stuff I like to have and the stuff I like to use and how those things aren't necessarily exclusive but how they all need to have a place to live in our small apartment. So. I'm trying to streamline. Sort. Toss. Donate. Recycle. Tonight I cleaned off my very small desk space and tomorrow I'll tackle the single drawer that holds all of my desk "stuff". I've set a 15-30 minute limit for evenings so I can tackle small projects and feel like I'm making progress.* How about you? How do you go about organizing your stuff? Are you a stacker? A hider? A hoarder?


I'm sure this will spill over into organizing my yarn and knitting supplies so stay tuned for that post!

2 comments:

  1. Phil's a hoarder...I am trying to be a get rid of-er...trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a "stacker", especially papers and books, but I'm spending the next few weeks organizing and getting rid of stuff as well. I tend to have success with a drawer or cabinet-at-a-time approach. Happy organizing.

    ReplyDelete