American Wool Series

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rick (Steves)

The last two weeks have been completely nutso around here. We're having a bit of family drama which only serves to elevate my frustration/anger level and which, I think, won't be easily done away with. In fact, this will probably be my only mention of it and now I'm moving on. Whew.

I took my final for Spanish 3 last night and flew through it in about 35 minutes. I'm always anxious that a quickly completed test means that I don't actually know anything and every answer is wrong. But I celebrated my release from 8 hours of homework per week by downing a couple of German beers and eating a veggie burger. YUM!

In knitting news, I've been steadily working away on projects. Most are in sock yarn and while they take a little more time to finish I'm happy with the decreased sock yarn stash. When my mom came to visit in February she asked me for a pair of socks so I dug out all of my sock books and let her choose. She picked out Rick from Cookie A's Sock Innovation and requested green. I dug through my stash for all my green sock yarn and she liked my skein of Hazel Knits in Cascade Canopy. Have I said how much I love this yarn? It's smooth and round and has great stitch definition and blocks beautifully. The socks came out so well that I'm a little sad to see them go.

Pattern: Rick from Sock Innovation by Cookie A
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Cascade Canopy
Needles: US #1 addi turbo
Mods: None

No comments:

Post a Comment