American Wool Series

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Acer

I've been keeping silent due to a major cold that sapped my strength, impaired my hearing, and made me an all around grouch. Fun. I woke up this morning able to hear out of both ears and breath through my nose - victory!

Yesterday I sewed the buttons on my Acer Cardigan and wore it all day long. It's lovely and I can't believe how little yarn it took.

Pattern: Acer Cardigan by Amy Christoffers
Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool Solids in color 16
Needles: US #6 Addi Turbo, US #6 Clover Bamboo
Mods/Notes: This took just over 4 skeins of yarn including a little extra length added to the body. The numbers for the sleeve cap were a little wonky and I ended up with a larger number of stitches than the pattern listed which is fine since the sleeves are really fitted. I blocked my pieces before setting in the sleeve to see how much width I would gain which turned out to be quite a bit. The pattern doesn't explicitly say when to use the smaller needle so I ended up using it only for the buttonbands and collar. I didn't pick up as many stitches around the neck edge but picked up more for the button bands but that's how I roll. The sweater works fine over a t-shirt but if you wanted to wear it over a long sleeve shirt or anything thicker than a t-shirt I would knit the next size up or do the math to add some extra ease.

2 comments: