American Wool Series

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oak Ribbed Socks


I've got some photos for things actually in progress at the moment but will save them for later. I bought this yarn when I was in Wichita at Twist. My sister in law chose this yarn for socks and although I didn't really like working with it at first, it grew on me. It makes really lovely finished socks.


Pattern: Oak Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: S.R. Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo
Needle: 1 1/2 Addi 40 inch circular
Notes: I knit these two at a time on magic loop which is the only way to go (for me) for fairly boring ribbed socks. I did a reinforced heel and flat toe. I think this yarn is best for heavily ribbed socks since it has no memory on it's own. The ball band says to use a size 3 needle but bamboo grows similar to cotton so I adjusted the size down. I also added a very small amount of negative ease to try and counteract any stretch that may happen with wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment