American Wool Series

Saturday, October 3, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Back from Kansas and all things Wizard of Oz, flat, and corn-filled. I had a great time with my family and it was actually relaxing. The high adult/kid ratio worked well in everyone's favor so I had a little time with my siblings sans myriad children. I loved meeting my nieces and my nephew. The Little One was a bit overwhelmed by the sudden immersion into a large and raucous household but it stood her well for playmates and socializing. An added bonus were the mirrored closet doors in the living room which she licked thoroughly before we returned home. I'm glad to be back in Seattle with the changeable weather and my own little house and the Man. Kansas is very flat and green and pretty in a wide-open-sky kind of way. But I don't like how far everything is spread out and that Downtown Wichita is bare of people on a Saturday afternoon while the suburbs are bustling. It seems backward somehow. They get a D- for vegetarian fare but an A+ for Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburger which has a delish veggie burger, shoestring fries, and a dense, creamy, mouthwatering concoction called frozen custard. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment