American Wool Series

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Slackerdom

I am a total slacker. I keep writing posts in my head but not actually posting them. I have finished stuff to block (approximately 2 sweaters and a ton of mittens) and share with y'all but it seems like so much work to do it. My house is a wreck and I have company coming today! I've been waiting for my fridge to be completely devoid of anything resembling food before replenishing it. The extent of tidying that has gone on this week is minimal: bed made every day, bathroom cleaned, cloth diapers laundered. And why is this happening? I've been spending a lot of time working from home before I'm laid off the last week of October. Yeah, my 2 month stint turned into almost 18 months and while I'm not looking forward to losing that income I am excited about spending more time with my Little One. I'll be a real live stay at home mom. That is something that I never thought I would do or even be exciting about doing. But there it is.

I have been doing more socializing though. I went to my knitting group as usual on Monday and last night I went to Theo for a stitch & bitch with chocolate tasting and yarn from Earthues. They had some sample yarn that was just gorgeous and squishy and it made me want to snatch up the whole load and run for the door. I learned about natural dyes and worked on the Man's boring boring brown socks. After picking up some Ghost Chile Caramels I headed over to El Camino with Jessica where I proceeded to drink two very strong but tasty margaritas and eat some guac with plantain chips. !!! Easily more tasty than tortilla chips because they don't get soggy plus they hold a lot of guac and salsa. I'll definitely be heading back there, preferably by bus, so I can stuff myself full of deliciousness.

1 comment:

  1. I want guac and margi's. Bring some on your way down to old homesville. Almost Happy Birthday, I am going to Happy Birthday you when you are here!

    ReplyDelete