American Wool Series

Monday, August 17, 2009

Ocher Damson


I knit some pretty over the weekend. I actually had two whole days off in a row! Unbelievable. We took the Little One to the zoo, I made a crazy amount of cornmeal pancakes both sweet and savory, and I cleaned the house. Yep. As of this morning all laundry was washed and put away, the bed was made, and the floor was swept and vacuumed. The rest of the place is starting to finally recover from our first 6+ months of parenthood. I like this upward swing in cleanliness it makes me less crazy. So, yeah, knitting. Ysolda released her first pattern in Whimsical Little Knits 2 which I cast on for immediately. Not to the detriment of other projects, mind you, I was between sweaters at the time and only had a pair of socks on the needles. I dug a skein of Malabrigo sock yarn in Ochre out of deep stash (really deep, it wasn't even entered in Ravelry!) and knit it up over the course of my weekend, binding off at about 8 last night. Yellow is not really my color but I'm loving this mustardy goodness. It makes me want to dip into a big jar of fancy french mustard - the kind that sears your nostrils a little bit. Specs: Damson by Ysolda in Malabrigo Sock Yarn in the Ocher colorway on size 6 addi turbo lace needles. 4 days!

4 comments:

  1. That's an amazing amount of work (knitting and house) you've gotten done -- I have a 2.5-year-old and I'm nowhere near as productive! And the Damson is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and great picture of you I might add. That mustardy color looks great on your mom....beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously lady! You are like the speed knitter...I've just been thinging about making Damson and you've gone and made yourself one. Now I have to cast on. Probably would be good for my upcoming flight to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! So so lovely! and you're reading my mind with the cleaning, I went on a little kick myself. And pancakes, mmm mmmm.

    ReplyDelete