American Wool Series

Saturday, March 12, 2016

FO: Father Cables

A couple of things: I'm working on updating pictures and Ravelry information for projects from last year so bear with me, it's a slow process. I'm also working on moving over to a wordpress site that has a lot more functionality than blogger but that too is a slow process. On to knitting!


This hat hails from December when I knit it as a gift but decided to keep it for myself. It's seen some abuse since I keep it in my tote bag for whenever I need a hat; often right now as it's been super blustery and cold lately. 


I can't say enough good things about this yarn - YOTH Father in the Caviar color. It's 100% domestic Rambouillet in a worsted weight and is lovely to knit with and cozy to wear. And look at that stitch definition! Amazing stuff. Father is currently available in the 12 Raw palette colors and comes in 220 yd skeins. I knit this hat with one skein and had a bit left over - I'm considering adding a pompom. 

Pattern: Father Cables by Veronica Jobe (free)
Yarn: YOTH Father in Caviar
Needles: US #5 (3.75mm) and US #7 (4.5mm) needles
Mods: None. I knit the size small and it fits great with a teeny bit of slouch.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so squishy! I love the cables in this hat so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cozy cables! Very cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cable knitting! The hat looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete