American Wool Series

Saturday, June 27, 2015

WIP: Tambourine

You may have noticed that I took a little vacation from the blog for a couple of weeks. I was sorting out plans for the Summer and getting my feet back under me from a busy month, not to mention sending Little A down to my mom's for a week for some quality time with Nana. But I've been knitting my bit every evening despite the warm weather and working on writing up a few patterns for release this Fall. My WIP du jour is Tambourine. 


You might notice that my stitches look a little wonky and that's because I'm a terrible knitter and didn't wash this yarn after liberating it from the previous project - Aislinn. Aislinn was pretty but I wore it twice and was never quite happy with the fit so I decided to repurpose the yarn, which is Miss Babs Yowza! Whatta Skein in French Marigold.


Tambourine is a cardigan by Julia Farwell-Clay from the Spring 2015 issue of Pompom Quarterly. The construction is bottom up in one piece and has little circles of nupps along the fronts. The buttonbands are knit concurrently with the body of the sweater and there's quite a bit of twisted ribbing at the hem of the sweater and the cuffs of the sleeves. You can see that I've made pretty good progress even though I'm knitting this at a dk gauge (22x32 over 4 inches) which is different than the pattern. This gauge change means that I'm getting an extra little circle of nupps along the fronts but I'm okay with that. This is the sweater I'm knitting as part of my OAL goal with Andi of Untangling Knots and Lauren of Lladybird. I hope to have the body finished by the end of the weekend and sleeves started this week.

4 comments:

  1. This color is so great for this pattern! So glad you were able to repurpose this yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I got to repurpose the yarn too, the color is amazing!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see your patterns!!!

    The detail on this sweater is so unique, I haven't seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I've got a few things lined up for Fall and I'm hoping to get all the details worked out over the Summer.

      I love the vintage vibe of the sweater, I think it'll look great with all of the dresses I've been sewing up this year.

      Delete