American Wool Series

Sunday, September 15, 2013

FO: Old Shell Shetland Shawl

Fall is the time of year when I get the itch to clean my house, finish my WIPs, and generally get things done.
 Do any of you remember this project? I started it waaaay back in February of 2011. It came out of a project bag several times in 2012 but I made very little headway until I pulled it out and decided to finish it up several weeks ago. Just about one week after pulling this shawl out of the bag I wove in my last ends and threw it in a sink with some wool wash. So, what took so long? No idea. 

Pattern: Old Shell Shetland Shawl by Margaret Stuart
Yarn: O-wool 2-ply (cream, brown, and green), Shetland Spindrift (teal), Nature's Palette (gold) and Sweet Georgia Tough Love BFL Sock (also gold)
Needle: US #8 Addi Turbo and Hiya Hiya Sharp Interchangeable Needles
Mods: None. I ran out of the gold yarn on the very last strip sequence for the second half of the shawl and ended up with some Sweet Georgia that is a fairly close match. I don't think my picture really shows how large the shawl is but I'm currently using it as a lap blanket in the evenings or folding it in half and wearing it around my shoulders. It's lovely, light, and enormous and I love it. 

It also feels really great to have my last hibernating project off the needles and in practical use. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment