American Wool Series

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dancette

 Shortly after I returned from vacation I finished up the last six or so rows of Dancette. Originally I planned to take it as my vacation knitting but my urge to cast on got the better of me and by the time vacation rolled around I didn't want to pack it just to finish it in California and then drag it around with me.

Pattern: Dancette by Irish Girlie Knits
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Electrolyte (green/yellow) and Limited Edition (blue - very close to Aurora Borealis)
Needle: US #6 Hiya Hiya Sharp Interchangeable
Mods: None! This thing pretty much flowed from the needles and was really great for watching tv and attending my knitting group. I did carry the yarn up one side as the pattern indicates so as not to leave lots of yarn ends dangling. Rather than carry the yarn on the first stitch of the row I knit the first two stitches, trapped the yarn, and then continued as normal which prevented unsightly lengths of opposite colored yarn from popping out along the edge after blocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment