American Wool Series

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lizard Mittens

I got an itch to cast on a small colorwork project Sunday night and dug a couple of partial skeins out of my stash. Voila! Lizard mittens! They're sized to fit a 3 to 5 year old.

Pattern: Lizard Mittens (free Ravelry pattern)
Yarn: Le Vieux Rouet Superwash Sock (blue) & Knit Picks Palette (green)
Needles: US #2 1/2
Mods: I knit these holding the yarn double so I got a nice thick mitten. It's helpful to have a bit of Selbuvotter knowledge while knitting these since the instructions are a bit brief.

PS - Thanks for all the lovely comments on my previous ranty post. It helps to know that other people have the same problems!

2 comments:

  1. I read this from one of my facebook friends, "If I can hear you talking behind my back, you are close enough to kiss my Ass". I laughed and thought about your episode.....lovely folks weren't they? Did I just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mittens!

    ReplyDelete