American Wool Series

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Doing, Doing, Doing


I've been doing a bit of sewing lately and finished these two baby smocks up at Jessica's last weekend. It's from a Simplicity reprint of a 1950's (#3508) pattern - that means minimal finishing and lots of double-fold bias tape. Wonderful! They're super easy patterns to follow and the armholes and necklines are large enough that she'll probably be able to wear them as tops once they're too short for smock-dresses. All I've got left are matching diaper covers. Cute!



Here's a closeup of the fabric - apples & monkeys! I love both of these and am contemplating picking up more in different colors.

I've also been working on the Man's Christmas sweater and finished up the back last night and cast on for one of the fronts. It's great mindless tv knitting.

3 comments:

  1. Grandma likes. Addie will like....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frickin cute, I just have to say again ;)

    I've qued up some season 2 Weeds at the library, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute. I hope you take pictures with your little one in these...that is when the weather warms up, up there.

    ReplyDelete