American Wool Series

Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Month of Favorites: Music Monday

I'm a big fan of old school Soul music - Aretha, Otis, Etta, Wilson, you get the idea. A large portion of my record collection consists of this genre of music and I'm always on the lookout for more. It's a feel good kind of music and even when it's sad it's still good.

My version of this song is from the album, Aretha Now which is totally kick ass.

"Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding. My favorite Otis song (this may have to do with seeing Duckie do a lip sync to this song in Pretty in Pink at a tender age). 


Etta James singing "Something's Got a Hold On Me". 


"Land of 1000 Dances" by Wilson Pickett. Do you know all of the dances he mentions? I spent a long internet session trying to find videos of them 'cause that's the kind of geek I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment