Sunday, April 26, 2009
Pattern: Little Liza Jane from the Spring Twist Collective
Yarn: Elann Callista (cotton/linen/viscose blend) in Boysenberry
Needles: #4 Knitpicks Harmony
I knit the 6 month size which fits the little one perfectly with a tiny bit of room to grow. She's already in 6 month size clothes in general since she's so long and has the extra bulk of cloth diapers. Baby sizing seems to be even more random than adult sizing. The pattern is well-written and edited and easy to follow, which is great since it's my first pattern from the Twist Collective and they've made a great first impression (awesome patterns aside). The yarn isn't bad to work with either, although it does have cotton & linen, my hands weren't screaming at me to stop after knitting the first couple of inches. I have yarn to knit another one in the 3T size and I'm actually looking forward to knitting this pattern again. It's been really fun knitting for Audrey since I don't normally knit brightly colored things for myself, it's a good change of pace from my dark tones and jewel tones. Hooray for babies to knit things for.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
I think I finished this back in January? Yep, sure did. But I finally got some pictures taken, very tired, post-work pictures, but still. I wear this sweater a lot and it made me decide to just knit most of my sweaters with 3/4 or bracelet length sleeves since I push them all up to that length anyway. It also has the added bonus of not taking as much time or yarn to knit longer sleeves. I used just over 5 skeins of Cascade 220 in a medium gray color on size 7 needles. I have an idea to sew some clear flat buttons to the inside & knit button loops since the cardi is kind of double-breasted and has a tendency to open up in an unflattering way. Make sure to follow the measurements for centimeters since some people had issues with the conversions to inches. Centimeters are more exact any-who.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Despite airport security's attempts to foil my knitting mojo I have triumphed over the GIANT HOLE IN THE CUFF and finished my socks. Yay! Malabrigo sock yarn is so silky and squishy and gorgeous. I'm really glad I have two more skeins in my stash to knit socks for myself. These are the Fancy Silk Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. Knit from Malabrigo Sock Yarn in African Violet on size #1 needles. The cuff of the first one took me three tries to set up the pattern but once I got going it was pretty easy. Make sure you choose a nice stretchy cast on for these since there isn't really any ribbing to make the tops more elastic. I used the Old Norwegian cast on and it worked like a charm. Finishing these made me want to knit more socks (half my stash is sock yarn- I've only knit about 4 or 5 pair!) but I've decided to put my focus back on my Cardigan for Arwen which now has a complete body and the cuff of one sleeve done. I think I'm at the tipping point for that one and just want to go go go to the finish.
PS - The weather in Seattle is gorgeous today and I just want to throw all the windows open and dance a little jig. Preferably with knitting in one hand!